Posted September 2016
For over 40 years Eley Metrology have developed a wide range of measurement systems and standards for dimensional measurement in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries.
As part of a small niche team, we are looking for flexible Engineers with electro mechanical and service backgrounds. The role is very varied and although primarily based onsite in our Derby HQ, applicants are expected to travel to customer sites in the UK, Europe and the USA.
Electrical Engineering - Build and test component parts to agreed quality standards for complete product line including fault finding and corrections.
Electro, Mechanical and Service Engineering - responsible for the troubleshoot, service, installation and repair of metrology equipment, either on site or that has been returned to Eley's Headquarters.
Areas of Responsibility
Electro and Mechanical Equipment Build
- Assemble metrology products in line with the build instructions to ensure a high standard of product
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organised work area in line with the company laboratory standards
- Building mechanical and electrical products
- When on a customers site, you will be responsible for meeting service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that service documentation for each job is fully completed and submitted to the Eley offices in a timely manner.
- Installations, inspections, repairs and maintenance of equipment in the field; providing customer training as required
- Core working hours will be Monday to Thursday 8am – 4.30pm. Friday 8am – 3.30pm. However, a flexible approach is essential.
- A current passport is also essential as there may be a need for occasional overseas travel
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
- Identify product and process improvements
- Other duties as required.
- Skilled in the electrical & mechanical assembly of component parts.
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings & electronic schematics.
- Ability to follow engineering build instructions.
- Field service experience/ Customer oriented
- Customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software package including excel, word and email
- Full UK driving licence
Why Eley Metrology?
Eley Metrology understands that its success is based on its employees. This opportunity offers a varied engineering role, that allows for like-minded staff to develop with the company as it grows.
For 40 years, Eley continue to be at the forefront of dimensional metrology and have some unique market leading products that have world-wide applications for precision measurement.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com for the attention of the MD.
sorry, no agencies.